Wednesday, December 01, 2004

GooglePerplexed

I've sent the following email off to the good folks at Google:

Dear Adsense people,

All I have to say about the response you sent me is, you've got to be kidding. I'll admit that on my blog I come down hard on some people, such as:

The Murderers of Theo Van Gogh
The writer's of the "Left Behind" series
Garry Wills
Paul McCartney for writing "Michelle" (the bastard!)
Mayor Williams of Washington DC

And I do quote someone from a major metropolitan newspaper who claims Yasser Arafat is off to hell. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. It's not really my call you see.

In any event I fail to see how any of this comes close to violating the guidelines laid out online. I can only assume that I violated some "unwritten" guidelines. And I might add, that I see no way that content from the Op/Ed page of the Washington Post or the Progressive Populist could pass muster either, let alone any current events blog.

Thanks for giving me something else to write about on my blog!

Ah well. it felt good to write it. But I haven't written an effective letter since I got one published in The Sporting News back in '94. Glory days.

2 comments:

David Leftwich said...

Hi Iconic Midwest,

I enjoyed your site -- maybe its because we share similar view points and are both from the Midwest (not in Texas via New York, long story). If you get a chance check my site http://eclecticrefrig.blogspot.com/. (Shameless plug).

Best,

David

Rich Horton said...

Thanks for the kind word Dave. I liked your site as well. It lives up to the name. It is eclectic! Hopefully I'll live up to my own blog name and really be iconic one day.

And thanks for adding me to you blogroll! The courtesy shall be returned.