Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Why I'd Make A Lousy Libertarian



The image above was taken by one of the Mars rovers, and it shows water vapor clouds in the Martian atmosphere. I know we don't really "gain" much of anything, as such, from our NASA investment, but I can't help myself. I love this stuff. I gladly pay my taxes in hopes of seeing more of this stuff.

The truth is there are all kinds of technologically intensive endeavors I'd spend billions on, if anyone was stupid enough to let me have my way. We wouldn't have any money left, but we would have one kick-ass high speed rail system. It would go nicely with our pretty pictures from Mars.

Read up on recent Mars rover findings here: Images of Earth-like clouds on Mars
Find more Mars rover images here: Mars Rover Images Releases



No comments: