Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Departures (Mine)

I'm off for a few days. It is spring break time and I will be without the Internet until the weekend. I'm headed south. Unfortunately, only about 60 miles south, so I will have to leave the swimming trucks at home. (That's what happens when you live in west central Minnesota.)

Were I too be blogging this week, I'm certain I would have talked about:

Harvard As Transylvania (only Transylvania didn't have an intellectual reputation to squander in the first place.)

Question: Has anyone here ever met a truly impressive academic with a Harvard Ph.D.? I haven't.

If Lebanon were a red state/blue state thing what color would Hezbollah be?

If Susan Estrich were really a feminist, would still nobody care?

For a second I thought I was the only one who thought The Futureheads sounded a little like Devo.

No comments: