Tuesday, March 15, 2005

For The Googley Challenged

DougPetch examines Atrios and finds him lacking.

Over at Eschaton, This post by Atrios caught my attention. Specifically this observation - ...

but I did spend a few minutes trying to track down the wingnut communications post from which he got his claim that "between 2011 and 2016, Social Security outlays will exceed revenue by $32 billion." Usually this kind of wingnuttery bubbles up from somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere except Will's column.

But, hey, I'm just a silly blogger who doesn't have any editors. Will's editors appear to be asleep.

Never one to ignore an implied challenge, I spent even less than a few minutes on Google and was able to find this .pdf document (it was the fourth result listed, by the way) dated March 7 2005 and written by Judd Gregg, the Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee.

Atrios, thy editor's name is Doug Petch.

No comments: