Tuesday, April 12, 2005

World Wide Webb Wilder

Here is a quick round-up of what's being said about the Last Of The Full Grown Men around the blogosphere.

The Beer Drinkers Society has a nice little appreciation of the man, the legend, the card carrying member of the Rock and Roll Justice League.

Bottom line? Webb is unquestionably one of the most underrated performers we've ever seen. We even told him that once while standing next to him in a two-urinal bar bathroom. His response? "Pardon me for not shaking your hand right now." Classic Webb.

And, there is this review of About Time from Instapundit that includes the following information:

If you're not familiar with Webb, well, you've missed something. When I moved to Nashville to clerk for Judge Merritt after law school, I had an idea of the kind of music I hoped to hear -- rock and roll with plenty of twang and tremolo, and a none-too-serious attitude. I was literally walking past the Exit/In one night when I heard Webb's music coming out of the door, and said 'yeah, that's it!"

I became a regular fan (you can hear me screaming in the background on some of the live cuts on It Came From Nashville) and I've followed him since.


My respect for Mr. Reynolds has just increased 500 fold.

No comments: