Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Question For Blog Readers

From the early days of this blog (alright, alright...last autumn) I've considered The Moderate Voice to be one of my main "goto" blogs. Joe Gandleman always had a knack for having a point of view that wasn't wishy-washy or unchallenging, and yet was still approachable from wherever you were coming from. And, from a more personal perspective Joe was the first blogger of note to ever drop me a line telling me he likes what I was doing here at the Iconic Midwest.

I don't know if it is because of all the new writers they have over at TMV, or if I'm going through some sort of ideological drift myself, but I'm having an increasingly difficult time seeing what distinguishes TMV from a site like The Daily Kos. Now the DK is what the DK is, and I don't have a problem with it...hell, I blog roll it (just as I do NOT blog roll Little Green Footballs)...but one thing the DK is not is accessable for everyone politically. So the change I see in TMV is really a change in philosophy. If TMV wants to becomes yet another "It's us against THEM!" sort of site they are more than welcome to...but I would consider it a crying shame. We really don't need anymore "US against THEM sites" where "Them" are fellow Americans. We've got plenty.

My question for you blog readers out there is: Am I crazy to think I see this change in TMV? Does anyone else feel the same way?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that Joe's site is mirroring the concerns about the current administration that a lot of centrists have. Since I'm extremely cynical about government, I'm not quite as disappointed as Joe is—my expectations were never as high.

Rich Horton said...

I don't know. You can level all the criticism at the admin you want, but it needn't be shrill or immoderate...particularly if you are calling your place The Moderate Voice.