Monday, January 08, 2007

Speaking Of Health Care (My Care)

I am suffering with a terrible head cold today. The sinus pressure behind my eyes is..well, its not good. Whenever I catch one of these I always had a silver lining. At night I could take NyQuil and at least get some sleep. Before I discovered NyQuil if I had a bad cold I would just lay there all night wishing I were dead. NyQuil was a savior.

And the bastards have taken it away! NyQuil isn't NyQuil anymore. Because of the goddam meth assholes and the over-reaction of state legislatures around the country, Vicks has remove the pseudoephedrine from NyQuil, and the new formula SUCKS!! I've been reduced to loading up on Tylenol PM to at least make me sleepy, but I still wake up a couple times an hour because I can't breathe right. The old NyQuil was a perfect cocktail of OTC drugs that made my life better.

Note to the people at Vicks: Please bring it back! I dont mind going to the pharmacy counter if that is what it takes. I beg you.

In the meantime I'm gonna start taking Alka-Seltzer's night time cold med. It at least has a decongestant....but I'm not hopeful.

No comments: