Friday, March 23, 2007

The Suspense Was Killing Me

Now, I can finally relax. In an announcement that has the potential of influencing several members of his own family, former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack has endorsed Hillary Clinton:

Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack will endorse U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential run Monday, an official close to the situation said today.

Vilsack gave up his own run for the presidency in February, setting up a scramble for his supporters. He is widely considered a possible pick for vice president or a cabinet post if a Democrat wins the White House in 2008.


I actually sort of liked Vilsack. I thought he fell off the rails when he tried veering WAY left in a quixotic attempt to appeal to the nutroots, but he otherwise had a pragmatic streak in him that, I felt, could appeal to centrists.

I tend to doubt if anyone with the last name Vilsack could be elected President, but that is another story...

No comments: