Friday, February 01, 2008

Here This Thread Of The Meme Dies

I guess I'm it. From Pat over at Stubborn Facts:

Simon tags me with the current meme. Here's the instructions:

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


I was wondering if I was going to be tagged by this particular meme...and if I had seen it while at work I might have been able to post a little Plato. But I saw it at home so it is a little different:

From Simon Winder's The Man Who Saved Britain: A Personal Journey Into The Disturbing World Of James Bond

Peaks, groans, whimpers, jutting breasts, splayed legs, proud hillocks, snarls of desire now silently filled up household after household, corrording a space once reserved only for blameless gardening tips on the radio. Here we are at the absolute Genesis of the sexual revolution.

The films are badly flustered by sexual issues because they are desperate to arouse males a bit while not getting a certificate which would exclude a massive chunk of the audience, e.g., prepubescent dorks such as myself, clutching rapidly melting Old Jamaica chocolate bars.

No comments: