Friday, June 27, 2008

House Democrats Hopes Al Qaeda Targets Bush Admin Officials?

Jeesh:

Last night in "The farce continues" John Hinderaker wrote about the interrogation of Cheney chief of staff David Addington by Rep. William Delahunt (D, Mass.). In the course of the hearing at which Addington appeared, Rep. Delahunt said to Addington that, with C-SPAN's broadcast of the hearing: "I'm sure they [al Qaeda] are watching, and I'm glad they finally have a chance to see you, Mr. Addington, given your penchant for being unobtrusive."

Following the hearing, Delahunt denied the natural import of his words. Delahunt claimed that "under no circumstances" was he implying during the hearing that Al Qaeda may target Addington.

Here is the game. Go follow the links and you tell me, what else could his words have possibly meant? See how many words you would have to change to make Delahunt's words come to mean "I'm glad to talk to you." Delahunt says he meant to say "I" not "they." Let's see if that works:

I'm sure [I] are watching...

Hmmm...not so good.

No comments: