Friday, June 20, 2008

Yet Another Example Of My Penchant For "Western Imperialism"

I have this nasty non-post-modern habit of being for Human Rights to such an extreme that I actually believe those rights should be extended to women everywhere. (I know, I'm practically a monster.) So, anyone with tender post-modern sensibilities may want to look away now. 'Harassed' Iran student arrested

A female student in the Iranian city of Zanjan who alleged she was sexually harassed by a senior male lecturer - triggering a massive demonstration by her fellow students - has herself been arrested.

The nature of the charge against the woman - who said she was molested by the vice-chancellor of the university - is unclear, but the local prosecutor is reported to have said that publicising certain crimes is worse than the crimes themselves.

That's right. Maybe she should have leaned back and enjoyed it?

Being "post-modern" means defending the right of Iranians to hold such a position because they have different "values."

That is why I will stick to the belief that being "post-modern" is an act of immorality.

No comments: