Monday, September 28, 2009

Commander In Chief? Eh... Not So Much

I can't tell if this is good news or bad news:

The military general credited with capturing Saddam Hussein and killing the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, says he has spoken with President Obama only once since taking command in Afghanistan.

"I’ve talked to the president, since I’ve been here, once on a VTC [video teleconference]," Gen. Stanley McChrystal told CBS reporter David Martin in a television interview that aired Sunday.

"You’ve talked to him once in 70 days?" Mr. Martin followed up.

"That is correct," the general replied.

Part of me finds this shocking and a gross dereliction of Presidential duty. Another part of me is kinda glad that Obama, who seems completely at sea when it comes to anything military, has decided to give the whole Commander in Chief thing a miss.

So, good news, bad news.

No comments: