Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Another Piece Of My Childhood Gone

Got this from my Facebook page:

We are very sad to have to tell you that Eric Woolfson passed away in the early hours of this morning after a long and brave battle with cancer. He very much enjoyed seeing all your kind comments and posts on this Facebook page and his family wanted to thank you for your appreciation of his work.


Online I found this:

Glasgow-born songwriter and musician Eric Woolfson, one of the key figures in The Alan Parsons Project, has died.

He recorded a string of albums with record producer Alan Parsons, as well as writing his own musicals and writing and producing songs for other artists.

Woolfson, 64, had been battling cancer and died in London on Tuesday night, his friend Deborah Owen said.

This saddens me greatly. I always loved the music of the Alan Parsons Project, music written largely by Eric Woolfson. In a sense I always felt they "belonged" to me in a way one couldn't say about the Beatles, for instance, who belonged to damn near everybody.

Damn.

I'll write more about this later. Enjoy Eric's writing and singing below.



Eric Woolfson (1945-2009) Rest in Peace.

No comments: