Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Brand New Intelligence Test

After considerable (and painful) research I have come to the unavoidable conclusion that there is no other publication in this entire world as intellectually insipid as the London Review of Books. I just finished a twenty something paragraph long piece arguing that the recent protests in Turkey was the rising of the proletariat against their capitalist oppressors. (LRB "explains" that capitalism and Islamism are synonymous terms, or something.)

I nearly passed out from laughing so long and derisively.


The test? Oh, if you find the premise of the Turkish protest as precursor to communist revolution silly, congratulations you are smarter than everyone affiliated with the London Review of Books. (Yes, I know I just damned you with faint praise. Sorry about that.)

If you don't find the LRB premise silly, you need to get out more.

No comments: